Demo places in the area?

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Riverwench

Demo places in the area?

Post by Riverwench »

In addition to the Charles River Canoe & Kayak place and Billington Sea does anyone know of any other places to demo kayaks? I am trying to find a Tsnunami 145 model to demo but am not having any luck. No one seems to have them in stock. Any suggestions? Thanks
Image WS Tsunami 145
Dave

The Kayak Centre

Post by Dave »

The Kayak Centre in Rhode Island. It's about 90 minutes away. The Wickford store will let you demo boats. I haven't been to the Block Island store but I guess that one does demo's too. They have a lot of boats to try. Great people, we were very satisfied with the whole experience.
Chip

Post by Chip »

EMS and REI have demo days. REI already had theirs. Not sure about EMS. There is an EMS in Hingham and Plymouth.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Riverwench, have you tried the 140 and decided that you like the boat, but the larger size would be better? Because I know that BSK has the 140 available to demo.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Riverwench, you might want to get in on the <a href="http://www.wtpaddlers.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30">Cohasset Trip</a> that Nelson is organizing. There might be a couple of TS145's that you might be able to try...
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Riverwench

Post by Riverwench »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call the Kayak Center and see what they have. I went to the REI demo but they did not have the Tsunami there. I did paddle the 140 at Billington Sea but would like to paddle the 145 before making a decision. Can't make the trip this weekend as i am otherwise obligated but i'll get on another one soon.
Image WS Tsunami 145
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh yeah, no taxes on boats, or any accesories you buy with a boat in Rhode Island. (These people ought to be paying me!) Hope you find your boat!
Riverwench

Post by Riverwench »

Thanks Dave
Image WS Tsunami 145