Suenami!

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

pat
Site Admin

Suenami!

Post by pat »

On Saturday, I borrowed Chip's yak and took Sue out for a paddle on our pond with her in my Tsunami. After about an hour, she seemed to be enjoying herself, so I asked her, "Wadyathink?" She answered, "Is Billington Sea Kayak still open?"

Turns out she was serious. I'd been talking with Joel over at BSK and knew that they had the Tsunami in Mangy (sorry, I mean Mango), Yellow, Red, Ice and Mystic Blue. Sue said she wanted RED, and what if someone was over at BSK buying HER kayak right now?? I told her that chances of them selling that one red Tsunami were pretty slim, and it was 15 minutes until they close (we're still out in the middle of the pond, mind you).

So we arrived at BSK first thing next morning (10 min before they opened) to find out that they'd sold the red one as they closed last night. Sue was pretty heartbroken at this. So I did a little calling around and found that EMS in Hingham had ONE Tsunami left. It was red and had a rudder. AND he was willing to match Doug's low price. I'd much rather have given my business to Doug, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

So today we took it on its maiden voyage. We launched in Hanover and paddled down to the North River, turning around at the Washington Street Bridge.

Sue sporting her new ride:

So we are officially a TWOnami family.
Want to try it out? Mi-nami, Su-nami.
(Somebody stop me!)

Well, back to our vacation! See some of you Wednesday.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

So we are officially a TWOnami family.
Want to try it out? Mi-nami, Su-nami.
(Somebody stop me!)

I'm tellin' ya Pat... there's a mic just waiting for you at the Backside Tavern.

:lol:
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Hi Pat and Sue.

Congratulations! How exciting! I am really happy for you guys.

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
Riverwench

Post by Riverwench »

That's great Pat! I'm glad Sue will be out on the water. Good luck with the new boat.
Image WS Tsunami 145
Finn McCool

Post by Finn McCool »

Hey! We're a "two-Tsunami" family too.

Red...and orange. 8)
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!