Labor day weekend in Casco bay (Aug 30 - Sept 1)

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

JeffB
antispam: No

Labor day weekend in Casco bay (Aug 30 - Sept 1)

Post by JeffB »

Anyone looking for paddling adventure this labor day weekend? I'm putting together a kayak & camping trip to upper Casco bay, east of Harpswell/Orrs island. Plan is to setup a base camp on a MITA island and then explore different areas near Cundys harbor. This will be a level 2 trip, so < 15 miles per day and a moderate pace (2.5 - 3mph). There will be some open water paddling on Sunday, depending on weather and seas, but most paddling will be protected water. We paddle ~15 miles the last day (Monday) to a launch near west Bath. We can accommodate a few intermediate level paddlers that are new to camping with their boats, but most of this group will have some experience. The main objective is having fun and adventure. Inquire for details.

I am fairly new to this group, but have paddled with some of you, including Josko (has anyone heard anything from him?). I've been leading kayak trips with AMC for 15 years or so, mainly with AMC. I enjoy island camping in Maine and am a MITA member. My coleader is Dana Gray and we have led trips in prior years to Casco, Muscongus, Penobscot, and Deer Isle. Our boats can carry a lot of goodies, so we tend to eat and drink well after a day of paddling and exploring.
JeffB
antispam: No

Re: Labor day weekend in Casco bay : CANCELLED

Post by JeffB »

50% chance of T-showers this Sunday and Monday has led us to cancel this trip. Bummer - our last holiday weekend (July 4th) was also scuttled by a hurricane. Dana Gray and I are planning to paddle Casco on Saturday as a day trip (~16 miles total). Contact me at JBarrell@yahoo.com if interested.