New to the group

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

yoamom
antispam: No

New to the group

Post by yoamom »

Got my first kayak and have done some trips locally and was directed to this group. It is late in the season but looking to get out more and getting better skills.
Sad that I missed the skills you have in Hanson since its only a few minutes from me but hope to go and watch next Thursday.
I am especially looking to get out this weekend if anyone is going or wants to go.
Adrienne
kayakerjnj

Re: New to the group

Post by kayakerjnj »

Welcome Adrienne!

Next Thursday should be a fun time to watch the flock in action :)
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Hi, Adrienne - welcome!

Just curious... What did you get for a kayak, and what sort of paddling have you done so far. Would love to see you if you can stop by next Thursday. We tend to start earlier with the change in sunset times, so we're usually there by 4:00 and done by 6:00.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
guitbit

Post by guitbit »

I'm planning on a morning on Scituate Harbor on Sunday if you care to join me. I'm not planning anything treacherous or anything; just some simple, relaxing flatwater kayaking. It's supposed to be high 70s, so it should be a nice day out.

Grant
yoamom

Post by yoamom »

So I bought A Dick's sporting goods special, Pelican Trailblazer 100 Kayak 10'. It is a nice beginner kayak.
Now I have to buy different supplies for it like a pump.
This year I have kayaked Hull bay, North river, Scituate harbor, Charles river off of Rte 128 and a few of little ponds in the Hanson area.
I suspect my next step will be to take some rescue/safety classes.

Grant, that sounds great just give me the time and place and I will be there.
guitbit

Post by guitbit »

I should be there around 8:30 AM but it takes me 20 minutes or so to put my boat together. So show up at the Jericho Boat Launch around 8:45 am and we should be good to go!

Oh, and if someone wants to join us and doesn't have a boat handy, mine's a tandem and I'll throw an extra paddle and crappy orange life vest in the car just in case.

Link for boat lauch: https://www.google.com/maps/search/Jeri ... !4b1?hl=en

-=Grant=-
guitbit

Post by guitbit »

PS: If someone does want the empty seat please call shotgun here so I don't have more than one person show up for it.
Thanks!
-=Grant=-