Moderator: Chip

Dave

This Weekend?

Post by Dave »

7/16-7/17 . . . Anything up? :?:
chpaton

What did you have in mind?

Post by chpaton »

My activity director said this morning that she may allow me a couple of hours on Sunday if I'm a good boy on Saturday. I'll have to finish my chores and entertain mother-in-law.

The weather and tides are none too promising but if the conditions are reasonable enough I might be available for a morning or afternoon paddle for a couple hours. Boston Harbor High Tide on Sunday is approx 8 AM & 8:30 PM (roughly an hour earlier on Sat). The Marine Weather Forecast:
Sat
E winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
Sat Night
Se winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less. A chance of showers and tstms. Areas of fog. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Sun
Se winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 foot or less. A chance of showers and tstms. Areas of fog. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Sun Night
Se winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 foot or less. A chance of showers and tstms. Areas of fog. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Craig
Hurricane A/S Tracer Yellow/White
Heritage Shearwater - Red/White
Heritage Tandem - Mango
carbarlar

Post by carbarlar »

The Blackburn challenge is tomorrow 7/16/05 here in Gloucester.

I will be canoeing out to a sandbar to watch and cheer on.....

If anyone is interested - a great put in is at Jones creek- rt 128 n to exit 13- follow wingaersheek beach signs and you will come to a long dirt pier that goes into Annisquam thru Jones creek...free parking and the water is great right now.

I will be the girl with the dog in a red canoe.....

have a great weekend all!!

Carol
Todd

Post by Todd »

We should take Carbarlar up on showing us South Shore people the North Shore. The times I have spent up in Gloucester when I was a North Shore person was beautiful. Cape Ann, Rockport, Gloucester would test our intermediate water skills. Should we start planning a road trip? Let's look in our Kayaking Coastal Mass books and discuss it.
Carolina Perception 14.5
Wilderness Systems Tempest 170
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

I just stopped home real quick to pick up a couple of things. Chip, Ron and I will be launching from Nelson Beach at 11:00 tomorrow morning. The tides aren't at a very cooperative time, so we're just going to take what we can get.

Our plan is to head north up the coast past Rocky Nook to Goose Point, and if conditions look favorable, out to Clarks Island.

For those who haven't been to Nelson Beach before, we discussed it in <a href="http://www.wtpaddlers.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1118170226;start=0#0">this thread on the old forum</a>.

We plan on a moderately brisk pace.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Hi guys.

Have fun! Sounds like a great trip. Would love to join you next time!

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)