Saturday, July 30 at 3 p.m. - Plymouth Harbor Jaunt

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

colonialsinger

Saturday, July 30 at 3 p.m. - Plymouth Harbor Jaunt

Post by colonialsinger »

Is anyone interested in joining me for a laid-back tour of Plymouth Harbor this Saturday at 3 p.m. ? Mid-incoming tide, easy peasy launch. This would be a really good little adventure trip for raw beginners to low intermediates. If you're not sure you can do it, I urge you to come with me! I don't care how much of a splash you make with your paddle! :D

I'm planning to put in at a small park just north of Plymouth Harbor (anyone know the name of it - just north of where Ocean Spray used to be), going under the footbridge at the jetty, passing close by the Mayflower and the Plymouth Rock portico, waving at the tourists, then turning due east and cutting across the harbor to the tip of the jetty. If the sea is calm, we'll do the outer side of the jetty. If too rough, the inner side. I'm an experience ocean paddler and fully capable of handling just about anything but I'm very easygoing and will cater to the whim of the participants. After doing this loop, anyone who wants to do more can follow me past the park beach (where we put in) and work along the shore until we want to turn back and haul out.

That should bring us back to the park at about supper time. There are picnic tables right by the water - let's bring some food and enjoy the view and the company. Sorry, no alcohol is allowed at this park (but there's a good Irish pub uptown that I plan to visit right after dinner!)

As if you can't already tell by this posting, I'm pretty low key but the ex-camp counselor in me is laying down the following rules: You must sign up by responding to this post. Bring all of your own equipment. Life jacket is mandatory - no exceptions. Anyone who wants to run the trip should stay home. Oooh, that sounded mean! Maybe I should stop now! :oops: Oh, and I WON'T do this trip in the rain so check this posting Saturday morning before 8 a.m. to see if we're on.

[/b]
Image I paddle a Mainstream Streak in salt water.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

That's Nelson Beach. I had to make a map of it for a previous trip.

Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Todd

Post by Todd »

Colonial Vocalist Pub Crawling Lady

I would love to join you, and teach you the next verse of Brandy-You're A Fine Girl, but I will be out of town these next 2 weekends. I will be in Montana and hope to send pictures back of some western kayaking. Anyone who wants to kayak and laugh at the same time should join this lady on the trip.
Carolina Perception 14.5
Wilderness Systems Tempest 170
Chip

Post by Chip »

This is a great versatile paddle. Lot's to see. Historic. You can roughen it up if you want and increase the distance in either direction easily. I brought my son and his friends out there a few weeks ago. Wish I could go. I have plans in the early evening.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

I also have plans this weekend. Have a great time.

Nelson
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
colonialsinger

Post by colonialsinger »

Thanks for the info, Pat! NELSON BEACH it is! Todd, Chip and Nelson - Sorry you can't go! I knew this last-minute trip would present a conflict for some people, but my sister has signed on. We need more than that to make a decent kayak flotilla!
colonialsinger

Come if you can today!

Post by colonialsinger »

The trip is on for today at 3 p.m. launching from Nelson Beach. Come if you can!

Lynn