Plymouth Harbor Trip Report Sat. July 30

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

colonialsinger

Plymouth Harbor Trip Report Sat. July 30

Post by colonialsinger »

Well, as it turned out, my sister and I were the only ones who participated in this little spin around Plymouth Harbor Saturday afternoon. You all missed a really good time! Beautiful weather, onshore breeze, medium chop, lots of small boat action, AND we were attacked by Pirates! Well, I'm stretching a bit there. We were actually squirted with water cannons manned by little kids on the Lobster Tales Pirate Cruise. Anyway, a memorable, sunny afternoon on the water. From Nelson's Beach to the Mayflower to Plymouth Rock, straight out to the end of the jetty. We rode the waves on the outside of the jetty and came back to where we started. From there, it was straight on to Sean O'Tooles Pub and Grille uptown where I sang a couple of songs at the seisiun and we had dinner. No, Todd, I didn't sing "Brandy, you're a fine girl..." FYI, Irish Music there every Saturday from 5:30 to 9:30, and a nice crowd.

Yes, this was a shrimpy trip, but I guess I felt we deserved it. Thursday night we put in at her cottage on Macomber's Creek, then followed the creek all the way out to the mouth of North River, then battled against the current all the way up the river to Damon's Point, then walked back to her cottage to get the cars. Bringing the kayaks up to the cars in the dark in my Tevas, straight up a tiny dirt path studded with large rocks was a little bit of heaven...

See you all out on the water! Get out there!

Lynn
Image I paddle a Mainstream Streak in salt water.
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

Sounds like you had a great day. Been to Sean O'Tooles once for some Shephers Pie. No music that day though.

Hopefully we'll see you on the water in the future.

Nelson
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
Todd

Post by Todd »

Well Colonial Singer, it sounds as if you had a good time, even though no Brandy. I will look for you next time.
Carolina Perception 14.5
Wilderness Systems Tempest 170