upcoming adventure

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

carbarlar

upcoming adventure

Post by carbarlar »

OK- I just cant see this forum empty....

I will be leaving this Friday for my northern maine trip. I will stop at moms in acadia on the way and pick her up- she is coming with us.

We are base camping, so we are able to bring lots of stuff. Our site is directly on the East branch of the penobscot just under Great Matagamon Lake.

We will be going out in several rivers and lakes and are hoping we get to Allagash lake to the ice caves.

We are going to be there from sunday thru saturday. Does anyone have a favorite spot up there they would like to share with me??

I better see moose! we went to Lake Umbagog a few weeks ago for 4 days and didnt see a one!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer.

take care
Carol
getnoutside

Post by getnoutside »

Hey Carol,

If you're on the Allagash, keep an eye out for an older couple in a red Old Town. My aunt and uncle are on a 10 day camp/cruising trip starting either this week or next (I can't remember). I'm not sure how they manage all the portaging at their age, but they do it every year.

Have a great time.

Steven
carbarlar

Post by carbarlar »

Thanks Steven,

I am really excited about this trip, there is a lot I want to see in that area and even though I will be there for a week I will not see it all.

Our original plan was to go the whole 90+ miles on the Allagash, but I would like to have my mother come along and I could not see her potaging and packing daily so I opted to go this route. There are so many lakes and rivers there I am hoping to get the canoe wet in a few and kick back and enjoy the scenery.

Im sure your aunt & uncle are having a great time, my hats off to them.

take care
Carol