Dick's Sporting Goods

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

pat
Site Admin

Dick's Sporting Goods

Post by pat »

Just drove past the new ultra-uber-WalMart in Plymouth off exit 7 yesterday. In the adjacent strip mall were a few stores that haven't quite opened yet One was Dick's Sporting Goods, scheduled to open on Sep 2. Does anyone know about this place? I checked them out on the web, and their kayak selection is... well... their longest single-person kayak is 11'.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Dave

Dick's

Post by Dave »

I worked at Dick's back in Rochester, built bikes for them for a summer or two. That was 11 years ago, but at the time they didn't carry a lot of kayaking gear. Sort of on par with Sports Authority, they had nice fishing gear. Then there was the usual big sports superstore stuff, bikes, excercise equipment, some camping gear . . . Good place to get clothing, jackets and such.
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Do they occasionally have great deals on things, like clearances, etc? I'm still in the market for a paddling jacket. Decathalon keeps selling out of them before I find out they've got them.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

Hey Pat,
If you get a paddling jacket at Decathalon we're going to have to make it the club jacket I think. I'm pretty sure they only sell one style.
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue