Sunday 6/22 Buzzards Bay

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

cgr

Sunday 6/22 Buzzards Bay

Post by cgr »

The plan is to paddle from Monument Beach in Bourne to Bassets Island; and perhaps continue around Scraggy Neck to Squeteague Harbor.

We will launch from the put in at 12 noon. According to this gmap-pedometer route the put in is on Rose lane(off of Shore rd) in Bourne.

Route shown here is about 12 miles.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2005231

So far it is Nelson, Ron, Chip, and myself.

If you plan to go please post here or pm me. I'll send my cell # in case there are any changes or people get lost.
Finn McCool

Post by Finn McCool »

Gee, thanks for the long-lead heads up. :P

Actually, its great that we can post these last minute opportunities. I couldn't have made it anyway.

So...how was the trip?
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
cgr

Post by cgr »

Finn McCool wrote:Gee, thanks for the long-lead heads up. :P

Hey Finn, there will be a paddle somewhere next Saturday - hope you can make it!

I'll wait for Nelsons report along with his & Ron's pics; but we had wind, waves, pouring rain, black clouds & lightning, crabs, a rescue(guess who...), another dump in 18" of water(me again), a bear on the beach, birds, crabs, a castle; and crabs.
KEN H.(KAYAK KEN)

Post by KEN H.(KAYAK KEN) »

Birds, bears and crabs, oh my!
Mark

Post by Mark »

cgr wrote:I'll wait for Nelsons report along with his & Ron's pics; but we had wind, waves, pouring rain, black clouds & lightning, crabs, a rescue(guess who...), another dump in 18" of water(me again), a bear on the beach, birds, crabs, a castle; and crabs.

Chris - Don't despair. It is very common to temporarily lose one's roll after first getting one. Even years later. Most likely causes are psychological, but sometimes it is a small tweak to technique that will correct it. (I speak from experience. Even RECENT experience! ) :shock:

On a side note, I saw Taylor at Cohasset today and he asked about you and how you were making out with the WW boat. Did I hear correctly that you had moved on to another boat since buying his Wavesport?
cgr

Post by cgr »

Mark wrote:
cgr wrote:I'll wait for Nelsons report along with his & Ron's pics; but we had wind, waves, pouring rain, black clouds & lightning, crabs, a rescue(guess who...), another dump in 18" of water(me again), a bear on the beach, birds, crabs, a castle; and crabs.

Chris - Don't despair. It is very common to temporarily lose one's roll after first getting one. Even years later. Most likely causes are psychological, but sometimes it is a small tweak to technique that will correct it. (I speak from experience. Even RECENT experience! ) :shock:

On a side note, I saw Taylor at Cohasset today and he asked about you and how you were making out with the WW boat. Did I hear correctly that you had moved on to another boat since buying his Wavesport?

Mark, I did roll up in the first incident; unfortunately I was in no position to brace once I was back up. In the second I wasn't keeping my head down. Am I to understand that you came out of the boat?

I did trade the Wavesport in for a new Liquidlogic. The tradein value was what I paid for the Wavesport, so it was a wash. For me the Remix is more predictable, and Jordan and Nelson can attest to it's LazyBoy recliner like comfort. It is the most comfortable boat that I've ever been in.