Paddle somewhere Sat 16th Oct.??!!

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Briggsy

Paddle somewhere Sat 16th Oct.??!!

Post by Briggsy »

Finally got a Saturday off work, and not too much action on the "Upcoming trips" page.
Weather permitting, is anyone up for an ocean day paddle on Sat 16th Oct. I am on Cod Cape. Tides are good for a Monomoy trip or a Wellfleet trip (Lows are around lunchtime). Or I'll drive up to Hingham / Boston Harbor Islands for a day trip ( Lows around the same time)...I've never paddled that area before so that would be interesting for me, probably not too exciting for most of you who live in that area ??!! Or maybe Buzzards Bay area.??
Anyway, post here if you are interested in getting a day trip together.
Cheers Briggsy
Johnysmoke

Re: Paddle somewhere Sat 16th Oct.??!!

Post by Johnysmoke »

Briggsy,

I have some extra days off this week if you want to get out on the water. Let me know what works for you.

John M
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

I can't commit just yet but I'm certainly interested. Perhaps if New Inlet is generating a little surf... ? Many possibilities.

NK
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

Hey John, I'm actually working all week with Saturday off instead of a weekday,lets see what the weather brings. Kate, I'm up for anything, I've pretty much done all my paddling on the Cape so your suggestion sounds good to me. Thats Scituate right??
Briggsy
Linda

Post by Linda »

I'm away right now, out of state but am interested in getting more paddle time...would like to join you on the 16th. Post what the plans are and I'm most likely in. Will recheck my calandar as soon as I return home Monday, recheck the board and plan to be there.
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
norm

Post by norm »

I'd like to join you on the 16th also Briggsy. I have no preference where to go at the moment...been working too much on weekends myself lately - just want to get out somewhere! I think I'll join you on Saturday and then do a Charles River trip on Sunday.
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

noseykate wrote:I can't commit just yet but I'm certainly interested. Perhaps if New Inlet is generating a little surf... ? Many possibilities.

NK

I'd be interested in an early morning surf session, but have to be at work at noon, so would have to head out around 10:30 or so. High tide is 6ish, so at least there would be an outgoing tide around then. Magic Seaweed is predicting 5 foot surf, which seems optimistic, so maybe there will be a little something around to play in.
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

I'm away from the internet for a couple of days, back thursday lunchtime so we'll have a better idea of the weather by then
cheers Briggsy
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

looks like Saturday will be very windy (with wind-generated surf) - Sunday might be the better day (but no surf). And I have to work Saturday morning....
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

I have to work at noon Saturday, and 11 Sunday, so unless its an early morning short jaunt along the coast, I guess I'm out. Could possibly hit Little Harbor Saturday morning, as high tide is 7ish, so should be picking up by 9 or so.
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

Just got back, checked NOAA marine forecast, looks very windy for Saturday so I'm not putting a trip together, Sunday looks much better but alas I work all day. Sorry folks.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Sad, but good call! Keep trying, I'm not done this season, yet!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!