Duxbury Shore, PP Br. to Jones River - Sat. 7/23/11 3:00pm

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Duxbury Shore, PP Br. to Jones River - Sat. 7/23/11 3:00pm

Post by norm »

Keeping it simple this Saturday. Don't feel like driving too far or dealing with boat traffic in channels. The simple plan is to tour the one area in Duxbury bay that I have not paddled before. Launch from Duxbury Powderpoint Bridge and hug the shore south all the way around Standish Shores, possibly all the way to the mouth of the Jones River. Stop for a stretch and snack, then paddle back the same way except maybe swing into the Bluefish River on the way back since the tide will be high by then and hopefully the temperature cooled down.

Meet at 3:00pm to launch at 3:30.

It's going to be hot! Bring plenty of fluids. There is a chance of thunderstorms, so staying near the shore should work out well if a squall rolls through.

Parking could be a problem trying to start this late in the day on a warm Saturday. Is it possible to cross the bridge and pay for parking? Might have to figure it out upon arrival.

Please reply if you plan to attend so I'll know to wait for you and I'll send you my cell-phone number in case there are parking/weather problems.

Wet exit/Rescue skills are required.
I would recommend at least a 15 foot boat.
Ability to paddle 10 - 14 miles.

Norm
Karen F.

Re: Duxbury Shore, PP Br. to Jones River - Sat. 7/23/11 3:0

Post by Karen F. »

I would like to join you for this trip. Have your cell # already. I think you have mine. See you there.
Karen F
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Count me in!

Don't think you can park across the bridge without permit....
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
norm

Post by norm »

NorwayLady wrote:Don't think you can park across the bridge without permit....

I thought you just needed the permit to go out on the beach and was guessing that the beach lot might be for everybody willing to pay a fee.

Do you think there will be parking spaces or am I being pessimistic? Should we try to consolidate cars, like meet at your house Bea? You, Karen and I could ride in my truck.
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

I know you can pay a fee, but that is if you go to Duxbury Beach entering from Marshfield's Green Harbor side. When you come over Powder Point bridge, I think you need a permit after crossing the bridge. The parking lot before crossing the bridge is free, but it could take us awhile before we find an empty space.

Yes, we could meet at my house and take one car from here. Probably easier to find one parking space in stead of three....
Bea
norm

Post by norm »

NorwayLady wrote:I know you can pay a fee, but that is if you go to Duxbury Beach entering from Marshfield's Green Harbor side. When you come over Powder Point bridge, I think you need a permit after crossing the bridge. The parking lot before crossing the bridge is free, but it could take us awhile before we find an empty space.

Yes, we could meet at my house and take one car from here. Probably easier to find one parking space in stead of three....

Oh, thanks for the explanation about the parking. The only time I've gone over the bridge it was off-season.

How about 2:40pm at your house then?
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

2:40 pm tomorrow works. Looking forward to it.
Bea
Karen F.

Post by Karen F. »

I will see you all @2:40 @ Bea's. Any changes call me on my cell #.
Karen F