Weymouth - Lanes Beach - 2/22/12 - 11:30am

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Weymouth - Lanes Beach - 2/22/12 - 11:30am

Post by norm »

The weather forecast is for temps above 50 tomorrow and high tide is at about 11:30am. I've missed too many good paddling days already this month, so I asked my boss if I could bail out after a half day of work. I have to be home by 5:00pm for another commitment, so we'll have to be done paddling by 4:00pm. I've sent a few PMs and found Sue and Bea ready and anxious to hit the water.

The plan is to meet at Lanes Beach, 40 River Street in North Weymouth at about 11:30am. Hope to launch by noon if I can get there from work quickly enough. From there we can launch on the bay side from the beach or on the Weymouth Back River side from the boat ramp. We'll decide by the wind and temp when we get there. From the bay side we could head left into the Quincy Town River and Fore River or from the ramp side we could go into the Weymouth Back River. Either way, we can do 7 - 10 miles I hope...maybe a little more if it's not too cold.

Wet exit/Rescue skills are required.
I would recommend at least a 15 foot boat.
Ability to paddle 7-12 miles.
Proper clothing and gear for cold water and air temps required!

Please reply if you plan to attend.
Mark

Re: Weymouth - Lanes Beach - 2/22/12 - 11:30am

Post by Mark »

Good for you getting out there in February. I am tempted, but don't have the racks on the car. And I have to work - oh, right. And a kid at home on vacation this week. Oh, that too.
norm

Post by norm »

Mark,

I don't think you'll get much sympathy from all of us who know your past of living in a beach house and getting out on the ocean or the river whenever you wanted a few years ago :!:

I seem to recall a brag of getting out paddling more than 100 days one year? :roll:

I only got out about 65 times last year. :lol: It's a lot harder to get out when you work full-time and live 10 miles inland. :(

Norm
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Norm, I think you forgot to mention that your goal is to kayak every month this year. I know you made it out on the water Jan 1, and now Febr 22. Your sticking to your plans! Good for you!

See you tomorrow.

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
norm

Post by norm »

Yup, you're right. Next month's target paddling date is March 10 at the Hull Lifesaving Museum's Snow Row.