Sunday - 4/1/12 - Monponsett Ponds - 10:30am

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Sunday - 4/1/12 - Monponsett Ponds - 10:30am

Post by norm »

Sue wants to get out in her Tahe for a couple hours Sunday, so she proposed going to Monponsett Ponds but has never been there before. I'd like to get out too, so I volunteered to show her around. The plan is to meet at the state boat ramp at 10:30am and launch by 11:00.

Proper cold water gear is required - the water is still freezing cold.

We will probably paddle 6 to 9 miles.
NorwayLady

Re: Sunday - 4/1/12 - Monponsett Ponds - 10:30am

Post by NorwayLady »

Sounds good. I plan on being there.
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

April Fools
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
gifallen

Post by gifallen »

Ok Norm, I missed this one too. I think I figured out how to get on the notification list we were discussing yesterday. I clicked on the "subscribe" in the new trip postings. Is this right?
norm

Post by norm »

gifallen wrote:Ok Norm, I missed this one too. I think I figured out how to get on the notification list we were discussing yesterday. I clicked on the "subscribe" in the new trip postings. Is this right?

Yes, that is right. Now you will get an email that says there is a new posting in the "Upcoming Trips" forum each time a new topic is added. Sometimes people post trip ideas in the "General" forum when they are just trying to get a feel for whether anyone else is available or interested in paddling. So, it can be handy to subscribe to that forum also.

Sorry you missed the trip, it was beautiful out there. Sue managed to pick the best part of the day. We had bright sunshine most of the time on the water and it felt warmer than we expected with very little wind. We did a lap around the perimeter of each pond for a total of about 7 miles of leisurely paddling. The clouds were starting to roll in as we finished up and headed home.
gifallen

Post by gifallen »

Thanks Norm, will subscribe to the other as well. It's 4:00 PM down here and the sun is still out and bright, but quite windy.