Saturday 4/19 Boston harbor /Hingham bay out of Houghs Neck

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

pdetorres
antispam: No

Saturday 4/19 Boston harbor /Hingham bay out of Houghs Neck

Post by pdetorres »

Hi All

Moderate paddle this Saturday launching at 9:15 AM from Houghs Neck public boat ramp in Quincy (directions below)
Full coldwater gear (drysuit,etc.) required, 15 foot plus kayak . Route is flexible depending on conditions: could be out to Lovells and back through the gut (unsheltered) or bumpkin and Hingham bay and even up the Fore river (more sheltered).
an early season warm-up. Bring lunch or a snack . I and a friend will be definitely going and we look forward to some company.

Regards

Pablo

PUt in
137 Bayview Road
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone: (617) 745-5896
email: quincypolicemarineunit
Directions:

From Boston and points north. Take the SE Expressway (I - 93) south to exit 12 for Quincy. Take route 3A (Hancock St.) south, or follow Quincy Shore Dr. south. If using route 3A you'll have to bear left at the Southern Artery (you'll see a ballfield on the left) to stay on 3A. After getting on the Southern Artery go to the second set of traffic lights, take a left on to Sea St. (the Quincy PD is the first building on Sea St.) follow Sea St. until you come to Louis Crossing restaurant, take a right and you'll see the boat ramp in front of you.

Following Quincy Shore Dr. go to the end. at the lights go left and you'll be on Sea St. follow the directions above.

From the south take I - 93 the SE Expressway towards Boston, get off at the very first Quincy Exit - Furnace Brook Parkway, stay on the Parkway until it ends at Quincy Shore Drive, take a right onto Quincy Shore Drive and follow the directions above.