Turkeys Do the Wave Part Deux 7/23

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Mark

Turkeys Do the Wave Part Deux 7/23

Post by Mark »

If you missed Part One (or even if you didn't) of Turkeys Do the Wave on this past Wednesday, there will be a redux on the 23rd, starting at around 6:30PM.

We had a great evening on the Cohasset Wave the other night, followed by a fine feast in the parking lot after, while watching a great sunset. Everyone who attended enjoyed multiple surfs on the wave, but the highlight (for me) was the delicious Ipswich clams brought and cooked up by Dave (Briggsy) and Deb. I would easily be convinced to bribe them to bring them again, and especially now that Dave has a whitewater boat bought that night and his almost immediate success in getting on the wave, it may not be a hard sell.

So for those that missed the paddling fun and good eats, come on down for Part Deux on Wednesday the 23rd. Meet in the parking lot by the harbor master's shack in Cohasset Harbor around 6:00, on the water by 6:30 for warmups before the wave builds.

Any who were there, paddling or otherwise, will attest to how much fun this was. Try it.
cgr

Re: Turkeys Do the Wave Part Deux 7/23

Post by cgr »

Mark wrote:
Any who were there, paddling or otherwise, will attest to how much fun this was. Try it.

There were photographers beside, above, and behind - so I am sure there will be images.
KenW
antispam: No

Post by KenW »

I have many photos and plan to post them on Facebook but would like them to be in the order taken to illustrate how the wave builds over time. I have tried twice now and each time the photo order is changed when I post the album. Anyone have any suggestions on how to maintain the order they are uploaded in?
Mark

Post by Mark »

KenW wrote:I have many photos and plan to post them on Facebook but would like them to be in the order taken to illustrate how the wave builds over time. I have tried twice now and each time the photo order is changed when I post the album. Anyone have any suggestions on how to maintain the order they are uploaded in?

You should be able to just drag and drop the photos while editing the album.
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

I'll be there, thinking of lobster rolls or cocktail shrimp after....
Briggsy
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

I was thinking of going to Nantasket Beach in the afternoon before the wave to try some surfing there, is there any particular area there that is best, any advice on parking and where to launch a kayak from the beach while avoiding the wrath of lifeguards ?
Briggsy
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'll have the grill and burgers again. I think Chris said he was bringing brats. Phil and Lorrie also said they were coming.

Dave - far north end of Nantasket for kayak surfing. I'm not sure about the parking situation on what is supposed to be a 90 degree July afternoon. Maybe John knows.
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

Have to park out on Nantasket ave. Hull has legions of bike cops looking to generate revenue, so make sure to read the signs carefully. There is sometimes a little bit of surf at the very end of the beach (north side) but it's rocky. The new inlet in Scituate might be a better bet, even though it's a 20 minute paddle to get out there. Or go check out the outgoing tide at little harbor.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have to bail on this...at least the paddling part. Got a bunch of stitches in my back this afternoon and Doc says no to paddling on Wed. :cry:

I think there are at least 5 others planning to go, however.
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

I don't think I'll be able to make the wave, but can get out in the afternoon to paddle\surf. Have to leave the beach at 4 to get home to the kid. There's supposed to be 2 feet but might be fun to play in.
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

Too bad Mark, hope you aren't laid up for too long.
John, I had pretty much decided to follow your suggestion and go to New Inlet and either surf or just paddle if its flat, so let me know if you want to meet or whatever. I had planned to launch around mid morning. Or if you want to go to Nantasket I have that Dagger Kaos and the WW boat
Anyone else going to be at Cohasset at 6pm ??
Briggsy
Johnysmoke

Post by Johnysmoke »

Briggsy, I have about a 3-4 hour window, from after noon until about 4. Not much time to get on the water. I'm up for going to Nantasket, but understand that it's a short time, and the parking can be a pain. Wish I had the time to get out to the new inlet, fun stuff out there with even a little bit of surf.
Briggsy

Post by Briggsy »

John, I have the whole day so I'll probably go to New inlet, even if its flat I can paddle around up there.
Another time for sure. I am always off Weds and Thurs so let me know.
Briggsy
norm

Post by norm »

I know this is rather late to be replying, but I have my WW boat in my truck today and may swing over to Cohasset after going hiking. I hope there are still going to be people there tonight.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I got a report that seven paddlers showed up for this last night. Sorry I missed it.

I heard there was "too much lobster", to boot. Bummer. 8)
pallen661

Post by pallen661 »

Mark wrote:I got a report that seven paddlers showed up for this last night. Sorry I missed it.

I heard there was "too much lobster", to boot. Bummer. 8)

Not "too much lobster", just not enough people to finish it. Thanks Briggsy!

Phil
---
P&H Cetus MV, black over white with red tape
Necky Jive, Orange swirly things