CANCELLED : Boston Harbor Outer Islands Sunday June 29

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

rkhederian

CANCELLED : Boston Harbor Outer Islands Sunday June 29

Post by rkhederian »

CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

Its going to be a beautiful day on Sunday, and I would like to do some paddling in Boston Harbor before all the craziness of the fourth of July kicks in. So, here is my plan.

Meet at the Commuter Parking lot in Hull at 9:30, Butt in Boat at 10 AM.

Paddle out to the Brewsters, maybe stop for a bit and stretch, and then head out to the Graves. Circumnavigate the Graves, stop at another island for lunch, and come back and stop on the East (ocean) side of Lovells for another break (maybe some swimming,too), and then head back. The route is up for plenty of flexibility depending upon what people want, but plan on ~ 12-14 miles, with time for snacking and swimming (two of my favorite things :lol: ).

Plan to be back to Hull ~ 4:30PM to get home at a reasonable time.

Marine forecast is blue skies, S winds 5-10 kts waves 1 foot or less. High tide is at 1:30, not the most favorable for crossing Nantasket Roads, but shouldn't be a big deal as long as we stay organized and close together (some crazy people in this group cross the Cape cod canal in far worse than that...)

Hope a bunch of you can come along. Norm is away this weekend, so we have to manage a trip without him. Would be great to see some of you after a long, cold winter.

Please post with interest.
Last edited by rkhederian on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norm

Re: Boston Harbor Outer Islands Sunday June 29

Post by norm »

I hope you can find some paddling partners Bob. Kinda wish I was paddling this weekend but having fun with relatives at a midnight campfire.