Stay healthy, but keep planning for the Season

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

kayakerjnj

Stay healthy, but keep planning for the Season

Post by kayakerjnj »

Hi all,

Wishing everyone good health in these crazy times.

Thinking ahead to what I hope will still be a very active paddling season, I wanted to offer up some alternate ideas for Skills this year.

Recently a job change has placed me in Raynham for work now that JNJ is @ J&J.

Lake Rico in Massasoit State Park might be another location for those who live in the area. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lake+Rico/@41.8750151,-71.0040328,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e4ed50b8ebcd3d:0x19708f0accabfd60!8m2!3d41.875!4d-70.995278A

dditionally, I have friends who live adjacent to Lake Nippenicket in Bridgewater off Route 104. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lake+Nippenicket/@41.9712503,-71.0496635,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e48e790a0d800b:0x42caae97c2cae46c!8m2!3d41.9688303!4d-71.0393766

From Raynham Camp Kiwanee is actually 10-15 minutes closer than it was from Stoughton, so that's always a plus.

The gist of this is, let's plan for some fun things ahead (Skills-Paddles), knowing nothing is etched in stone, and the venues can be moved to where and whomever is ready to come out and play.

We can all be suitably spaced out while things are still crazy, but still have the benefits of being out and keeping active.

Stay well everyone, we will all eventually get through this and resume some easier times ahead.

Take care!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Ken R
antispam: No

Re: Stay healthy, but keep planning for the Season

Post by Ken R »

Great time to get this topic out there for discussion. Some I've spoken with would be interested in varying the Thursday gatherings, both the skills and the paddle. This person felt that she would attend some/more Thursdays if the venue changed or rotated between several venues. Myself, living within sight of Plymouth bay, find it hard to drive 45 minutes to paddle around Bumpkin, again. This concept might allow someone that never goes, to someone that goes when the venue for that week is more convent to the home.
KR
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Hi Ken, et al.

That's exactly why we are looking for input now. For Kiwanee and Hingham, it was nearly an hour from my former work location, and I've been doing it since 2005.

Happy to move the Skills location to where ever folks would like to go.

Alternates to Hingham are also welcomed. For those who can make the alternates locations, it will be great to have you.

Our group has aged and many of our regulars are not regularly attending either venue. Introducing / infusing some new places to suit those who still enjoy the outings will be a great way to re-invigorate our Thursdays.

Everyone is welcomed to submit suggestions and requests. For Skills, If another day works better for some, please sing out.

Prime paddling weather is right around the corner, let's get your suggestions and we'll make it happen.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Jordan
Ken R
antispam: No

Post by Ken R »

Jordan, Would you like to go-ahead and post a proposed skill calendar based on the tides? We can let everyone throw in suggestions for open water Thursdays.
KR
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Sounds like a plan!

I'll assume Skills would start in mid May.

Look for posting towards the end of the week.

Again, the location(s) can be flexible for those who wish to participate.

Stay well everyone!

Jordan
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

For our Thursday Paddles - Hingham Location

May 14th is looking good @ 6:22 PM High Tide. So our normal biweekly schedule weather permitting should get us going for a stretch into the warmer weather.

For Skills, we can plan to start May 7 or 21st.

Please post with preferences for other venues for skills and paddles. Additionally, Thursday for skills is not etched in stone, if folks want to utilize the weekend, I'm happy to participate.

Stay safe & healthy all!

Jordan