Public Launch Ramp Next to Quincy YC

Open to everyone

Moderator: Chip

Peter Logan
antispam: No

Public Launch Ramp Next to Quincy YC

Post by Peter Logan »

Is this launch ramp open and the parking near by? Had heard a rumor that construction was affecting access/operation.
Ken R

Re: Public Launch Ramp Next to Quincy YC

Post by Ken R »

I was at the ramp between the two Yacht Clubs two weeks ago. There was not any construction at that time. On street parking was amble and free all day.
KR
nchill

Post by nchill »

Yes, the ramp next to Quincy Yacht Club on Houghs Neck is closed on weekdays due to construction of a new ramp. I believe you can use it on weekends, and on weekdays after 4:00 PM, but I would check with the Quincy Police Marine Unit to be sure.

-Nancy
Peter Logan

Post by Peter Logan »

Thanks Ken and Nancy for the intel! Have a call in to the Quincy Police Marine Unit
Ray Andrews

Post by Ray Andrews »

We, 3 cars including a trailer, tried to park near Quincy Yacht Club on Friday July 24. Someone on site told us we could not park there and suggested we could park and launch at Perry Beach on the opposite side of Hough's Neck. We did and all went well. Other people told us we could have parked near, and launched from, Quincy Yacht Club. I will try again to get verbal approval in advance by calling the club.