Thurs June 10th

ddempesy

Thurs June 10th

Post by ddempesy »

Any paddles or skills sessions planned?
Finally got a Thursday night off from work !
Deb
Deb
Plymouth
Cetus LV - Turquoise over White
kayakerjnj

Re: Thurs June 10th

Post by kayakerjnj »

Hi Deb,

We have a skills session planned for this Thursday Night in Hanson.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

Hiya:
I didn't own my own kayak until the end of last season, so was never able to attend these sessions. Could you please remind me, what's the start time? Also, since I can't really 'roll' in my 12' Pungo (at least not on purpose!!), would it be okay to tag along just to get out on the water and watch? And participate in any other skills that may be reviewed?
/jms
Wilderness Systems Pungo 120

kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Hi Jan,

You are more than welcome to join us. Our skills sessions are not about rolling, it's about learning more proficiency / safety while in your boat (and out) :)). People who have boats with bulkheads do tend to be interested in rolling but that is certinly not the focus of the skills sessions.

We start around 5:30-6:00PM, and go until our light fades / sufficiently water logged.

Hope to see you soon!

Jordan
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

Thanks, Jordan!
I will be there with bells on once the water warms up - or when I get some cold water gear - which ever happens first!
/jms

pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Jan, trust me... You don't need cold weather gear. The pond is small and the water is VERY warm.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

What Pat said :D Ditto!

Jordan
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

Oh, then GREAT! I'll try and figure out how to put together the new Thule/Yakima rack combo on the truck these next couple of nights. If I'm successful, I'll see you then!! Very excited!! Thanks much!!
/jms

kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Who's planning to come tomorrow for a Skills Session? The weather is looking suspect but at least no lightning predicted :)

Cheers!

Jordan
Ron

Post by Ron »

If it is not pouring, I will be there.
Image P&H Cetus HV
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

I wasn't planning on going, but Ron loaned me his backup sprayskirt, and I'm dying to try it. So I'm an absolutely, positively, money-in-the-bank... "maybe".
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Barring lightning, I'm not passing on an excuse to get out of work early :)

Jordan
Finn McCool

Post by Finn McCool »

As the unofficial Wild Turkey Weather Prophet :| , I am forcasting total uncertainty until the moment the first boat hits the water. I am unlikely to be able to get there, but one never knows. Cool temps and a little precipitation won't be keeping me away in any case.

Hmmmmm....is this summer starting to look like what you guys went through last season? :P
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

No, last season Thursdays were total washouts. Rain starting on Wednesday, ending Friday. At least this season they're partially good or there's reason for optimism.
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

Well, as life would have it... I finally tried to assemble the new rack on the truck last night when I learned that all the small parts were missing from the shipment :x . Contacted the online outfit (in Utah) that sold it to me - instead of taking the items from another in-stock box and shipping those to me, they have to contact Thule to have the missing parts shipped to me directly...yada, yada, blah, blah, blah... :evil: The way I was transporting last year was highly illegal. Worked on backstreets but would likely not pass muster with any State Troopers lurking the highways. Perhaps I'll see you next year?! Anyway - enjoy!
/jms

lora925

Post by lora925 »

Sorry I'm not going to make it. I have to work late Thursday night this week.
Chip

Post by Chip »

Jan Seery wrote:Well, as life would have it... I finally tried to assemble the new rack on the truck last night when I learned that all the small parts were missing from the shipment :x . Contacted the online outfit (in Utah) that sold it to me - instead of taking the items from another in-stock box and shipping those to me, they have to contact Thule to have the missing parts shipped to me directly...yada, yada, blah, blah, blah... :evil: The way I was transporting last year was highly illegal. Worked on backstreets but would likely not pass muster with any State Troopers lurking the highways. Perhaps I'll see you next year?! Anyway - enjoy!

I called Thule to get a missing part and it showed up the next day. You may be better off calling them yourself. They are pretty good to deal with.
Current Designs Solstice GTS
Placid Boatworks Rapidfire
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Jan Seery wrote:Well, as life would have it... I finally tried to assemble the new rack on the truck last night when I learned that all the small parts were missing from the shipment :x . Contacted the online outfit (in Utah) that sold it to me - instead of taking the items from another in-stock box and shipping those to me, they have to contact Thule to have the missing parts shipped to me directly...yada, yada, blah, blah, blah... :evil: The way I was transporting last year was highly illegal. Worked on backstreets but would likely not pass muster with any State Troopers lurking the highways. Perhaps I'll see you next year?! Anyway - enjoy!

Take a couple of pictures, I hear we have a few engineering types in the club who might be able to help out :) (yours truly :lol: )

Seriously, we've all made, modified, bought and repaired all kinds of rack systems. C'mon down we can take a peek for you.

Cheers,

Jordan
Finn McCool

Post by Finn McCool »

And if that doesn't work, Ron can build you a customized trailer. :lol:
Alla har rätt till min åsikt!
Jan Seery

Post by Jan Seery »

Hey, all - thanks for your support and advice. I just got off the phone with Thule, and I should get the parts 'within 3-5 days'. I didn't read your posts 'til this morning, so I won't be able to make it there tonight, but at least I'll be in the water within a week! Will there be another next Thursday or are they bi-weekly? Thanks again, everyone!
/jms

pat
Site Admin

Post by pat »

Training sessions are every other week. During the "other" week, we paddle out of Hingham Harbor.

http://www.wtpaddlers.org/thursnight.html
Image Impex Currituck
Pat Traynor - site admin
pat@ssih.com
Aimee Southworth

Post by Aimee Southworth »

Hi...I'm Aimee....new member to the group. I'm planning on joining you all in Hanson this evening if that's okay....and it's not cancelled due to the weather. I'll check the site later to see if it's still on. I'll be coming from Lexington....
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

It's still one and at least Ron and I will be there.

Cheers,

Jordan
Aimee Southworth

Post by Aimee Southworth »

Hey Jordan -
I just replied but didn't see it post....so sorry if this gets there twice....
But thanks for the reply...looking forward to practicing some skills this evening!
Aimee
bevbarnard

Post by bevbarnard »

I am coming also, Bev
Bev Barnard
Cell: 617 460 5210
Epic 18x
Current Designs Extreme HV