Sunday June 27 Wave/Soup Skill Session?

Beanboy

Sunday June 27 Wave/Soup Skill Session?

Post by Beanboy »

Weather is looking good, haven't checked tides/sea conditions/locations yet. Thinking about looking for some waves/soup to work on my balance in the surfski as well as practice remounting/helping with rescues in rough yet kinda controlled situations.

Couple of hours of getting wet on what looks like will be a good day. Any takers? Suggestions for location?

Scituate is looking like a 12:51 high tide... That kill the surf on the spit?
-B
Epic V10S
Necky Manitou 13
Prijon Yukon Expedition
Old Town Discovery 169
noseykate

Re: Sunday June 27 Wave/Soup Skill Session?

Post by noseykate »

Beanboy wrote:Weather is looking good, haven't checked tides/sea conditions/locations yet. Thinking about looking for some waves/soup to work on my balance in the surfski as well as practice remounting/helping with rescues in rough yet kinda controlled situations.

Couple of hours of getting wet on what looks like will be a good day. Any takers? Suggestions for location?

Scituate is looking like a 12:51 high tide... That kill the surf on the spit?

Probably, what little there would be anyway. Sea is basically in summer flat mode. But if you either go earlier or stay until later, you might find something. The spit can be surprising.

Have fun! I have other plans or I might have joined you.

NK
Beanboy

Re: Sunday June 27 Wave/Soup Skill Session?

Post by Beanboy »

I ended up down near by place working on forward stroke on flatwater, a boo...

Will keep an eye out here and over on the NSPN board... They sometimes go to the bowl up in NH for practice? Guess it is up near Hampton beach.
-B
Epic V10S
Necky Manitou 13
Prijon Yukon Expedition
Old Town Discovery 169