Post by Ron »

Is anyone joining me in Hanson?
Image P&H Cetus HV
NorwayLady

Re: Thursday 6/30

Post by NorwayLady »

I hope so. First time this year!
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

I will be from the shore :). You may not recognize me in my sporty sling and fake beard-mustache LOL

See you guys tomorrow after PT
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

I plan to attend, but not PPR. Will arrive there 5:30-6-ish.

NK
specialk
antispam: No

Post by specialk »

I will finally be able to get there and meet some of you and learn a few things.
Can't wait!

Donna
TraceyJ

Post by TraceyJ »

I can't wait. Wouldn't miss it!

Tracey
Valley Aquanaut / white-on-white
P&H Delphin 150 Surf / Yellow
cgr

Post by cgr »

pretty sure that I will be there
norm

Post by norm »

I'll be there.
Xlumberjack
antispam: No

Post by Xlumberjack »

I am sooo bummed. The weather is perfect for me to try my very first wet exit........ and I got a spray skirt, but will have to miss this Thurs. My 18yr old niece just wrapped her car around a pole the other night. She is ok, but lots going on.

I will definitely be at the next one ready to flip into the water.
Have a great time all.
Lisa
cgr

Post by cgr »

great to see everyone on & off of the water tonight. Thanks for the bow rescues Bea & Kate!
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

There were a good many challenges taken up last night! Tracey not only continued her roll practice, but also acted as victim in an assisted rescue. (Her assistants - or this one, anyway - were a little incompetent, so it took 3 tries.) Bea took up the challenge of learning to roll, making marvelous progress on her first night. Chris knocked off 3 out of 3 hand rolls, and then showed us how to hang in there for a looonnnggg time underwater while someone finally got a bow to him for rescue. Myself, I had never tried a re-enter and roll, and was amazed that it actually worked, so did another one for good luck. Norm shepherded a newbie (welcome, Roy!) for his first night out with the Turkeys. Wildwoman Barb showed up a bit late in a boat I hadn't seen her in before. (is it new, Barb?) I did not get to meet the woman in the Pelican, but it was good to see a new face (and so many women!) out there. Skip brought the official club Turkey (no, not Chip :) ) out for a little water time. And Jordan's challenge was to stand on the shore and watch from afar, without letting the tears show.

A very fine night. The water's warm now. Hope everyone can make it next time!

NK
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Last night I had the opportunity to be assisted by some of the finest Wild Turkeys in my quest to learn to roll. Chris (cgr) and Kate (Noseykate) methodically and deliberately helped me build a skill foundation that eventually might (?) bring me to a roll. I enjoyed every step of the process, and can't wait for the next opportunity to keep working! Jordan was supervising from the dock, and other fine turkeys such as Ron and Norm added helpful pointers. It was also fun to see Tracy at work, as she and I pretty much worked on the same skills.

Thanks again everyone! Great evening with beautiful weather, warm water and slow service at PPR (I know that will get your attention Nelson!)

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)