Cohasset Harbor - Sunday Noon - Public Boat Ramp

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Cohasset Harbor - Sunday Noon - Public Boat Ramp

Post by norm »

Anybody interested in paddling around Cohasset Harbor and then going into the Gulf, and then out towards Strawberry Point if the wind is calm? I'm planning to launch at the public boat ramp and then park at Bancroft Hall. I do not know if there are any functions there tomorrow, so some scrambling may be necessary if the lot is full.

Please reply by 9:30am Sunday if you're coming so I'll know to wait. Otherwise I'll just launch and go whenever I get there.
cgr

Post by cgr »

Norm,
I'm planning on going to Cohasset tomorrow; but I will be in my small boat. What time are you planning on coming thru the gulf? High is at 1:40, I will plan to be there around 10:30 - 10:40 to catch the beginning of the flood.
norm

Post by norm »

Chris - I'm planning to go through at slack tide.
norm

Post by norm »

Chris - It was very interesting running through under that bridge in Cohasset in the long boat - a good chance to practice bracing under pressure. I think I'll try that again for practice but in the 15' boat because I know I can get back into that boat more easily if I dump. I'm curious to see if I could make it back up upstream within about 45 minutes of high tide using the eddys like you mentioned.

Do you ever see people in rec boats with skirts run through there for fun? Is the sneak route back up under that building fairly easy or is it difficult?
cgr

Post by cgr »

Norm - yesterday was the first time I saw people going that route. Mark or someone else probably has better info. I imagine that they had to get out of their boats either way.

Did you get eaten by greenheads like I did?
norm

Post by norm »

Chris - I stayed away from shore and the breeze was pretty good so I didn't have too many problems with those nasty bugs. I had one land on my hand but I killed him before he bit me.