Hingham to Weir River, Sat., June 18, 11:00am Launch

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Hingham to Weir River, Sat., June 18, 11:00am Launch

Post by norm »

I'm thinking of doing a long paddle we don't normally have enough time for on Thursday nights. Arrive at Hingham Harbor at 10:30am for 11:00am launch. Head to the right and cruise through the boats in the harbor and along the coast over to Worlds End. Go all the way around Worlds End and up the Weir River as far as possible and also check out the side creeks. Then on the way back out swing over to Steamboat Wharf at the back of Nantasket Beach and then around into the cove behind Surfside Beach before heading back around Worlds End into Hingham Harbor.

This could be a long trip, in the range of 13 - 15 miles and 4 or more hours. Probably only stop once to stretch. The conditions are forecast to be pretty tame, so this could probably be done without a spray skirt. The pace will not be very fast, as I'm hoping to search out bird picture opportunities, but probably have to keep a 3 - 4 mph pace to cover all these areas and be done at a reasonable time.

Please reply if you plan to join me. The beach at Hingham is likely to be busy with many other kayakers. So, I'd like to know if I need to watch for company at launch time.
NorwayLady

Re: Hingham to Weir River, Sat., June 18, 11:00am Launch

Post by NorwayLady »

Hi Norm.

I would love to join you. Looking forward to it!

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
Karen F.

Re: Hingham to Weir River, Sat., June 18, 11:00am Launch

Post by Karen F. »

I may join you also. See you there.
Karen F