Touch Ten - Sunday - 9/25/11 - 8:00am Weymouth

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Touch Ten - Sunday - 9/25/11 - 8:00am Weymouth

Post by norm »

Weather forecast for Saturday is lousy, but Sunday may be ok. At least it's supposed to be warm.

Got this silly idea in my head that it would be interesting to paddle around to all the local islands we circle all the time and actually get out of the boat for a minute (or more). Looking for a way to hit ten or more islands in a reasonable length trip, I came up with the following idea: Park at the Weymouth Back River boat ramp parking lot but launch on the Wessagusset beach side (if allowed), paddle to Racoon, Peddocks, Sheep, Bumpkin, Langlee, Sarah, Button, Ragged, Slate and Grape Islands in that order. It looks like Wessagusset beach is not bad at low tide, so could land at the beach again upon return or if its too muddy, go around to the boat ramp side in the Back River.

A little island exploring could be possible, but there's not much time in the schedule. The paddling distance would be 12 to 16 miles. High tide is at about 10:00am and low at 4:00pm. Would stop somewhere for lunch.

Arrive at 8:00am and plan to launch at 8:30am.

Rain gear might be good to have.
Wet exit/Rescue skills are required.
I would recommend at least a 15 foot boat.
Ability to paddle 12 - 16 miles.

Please reply if you plan to attend. I may cancel or do something different if I'm alone.
centered
antispam: No

Re: Touch Ten - Sunday - 9/25/11 - 8:00am Weymouth

Post by centered »

That sounds like fun! I'm in.
Sue
norm

Re: Touch Ten - Sunday - 9/25/11 - 8:00am Weymouth

Post by norm »

Looks like it's just the two of us.
centered
antispam: No