Group Paddle for This Weekend 7/22- 7/22

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

kathyet
antispam: No

Group Paddle for This Weekend 7/22- 7/22

Post by kathyet »

I'm new to this group and this is my first season kayaking. Are there any group paddles planned for this weekend?
Thanks-
Kathye
kayakerjnj

Re: Group Paddle for This Weekend 7/22- 7/22

Post by kayakerjnj »

HI Kathye,

All our trip are posted under the "Upcoming Trips" Tab

Depending on your skills and comfort level, I think Norm has one this afternoon.

Welcome!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
norm

Post by norm »

Kathye,

It's actually Finn McCool that has the paddle in Cohasset this afternoon and I just plan to join him. This could be a difficult paddle if we go out to Minot's Light after exploring the Gulf River (which is fairly easy). The wind may pick up in the afternoon. So, depending on your comfort and abilities in rough water, you may or may not want to join us. You should have a sea kayak of at least 15 feet length with bulkheads front and rear as well as the ability to do a wet exit and assisted rescue if you plan to come with us today.

Like Jordan said, watch the "Upcoming Trips" forum for trips.

It would be best if you came out on a Thursday evening to meet the regulars if possible. We get together at Hingham Harbor each Thursday when the tide is right, like it is this week, at about 5:30pm to launch no later than 6:00pm. Watch this "General Discussion" forum for a new notice each week about paddling in Hingham on Thursday evenings.

On the weeks when the tide would be too low in Hingham, we meet at a pond in Hanson and work on "skills" like wet exits, rolling, paddle strokes, etc. This is another good time to meet people and practice. Watch the "Skills and Training" forum for a new notice each week about practice sessions in Hanson.

Norm
kathyet
antispam: No

Post by kathyet »

Thank you Jordan and Norm for your responses. Todays trip would be above my skill level at this point. However, Hingham harbor sounds more in what I can handle at this point. I'll look for the post for this Thursday and hopefully see y'all then!

Thanks-
Kathye